- Tours are open to all visitors 12 years of age and above. Children 12-17 years of age must be accompanied by an adult; tickets are required for both the minor and the escorting adult.
- During registration. visitors are required to review and agree to assume certain risks of participating in the tour, which are specified in a waiver for your signature. Waivers for permitted children over 12 years old must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- SLAC research is unclassified and photography is permitted; however, tripods are not allowed on tours.
- Tours involve walking and climbing stairs. If you require assistance or have accessibility concerns, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In rare cases, SLAC may need to cancel your tour. You will be notified of the cancellation as soon as possible using the email address you provided during registration.
- All visitors must wear closed-toed shoes.
- SLAC is an active research laboratory. Please stay with the guide at all times and do not touch any scientific equipment unless instructed to do so by your guide.
- There are some areas at SLAC where personnel could potentially be exposed to low levels of radiation, which may pose risks to human health. However, those areas will not be included in your tour.
Transportation and directions:
- Directions to the main gate can be found here.
- When arriving at the main gate, please let security know you are here for a public tour and show them your valid government-issued photo ID.
- Security will direct you to visitor parking. The orientation theater is located in Building 53, Room 1010, to the right of the building entrance and past the elevators.
- Transportation around the SLAC site is via shuttle bus; you will return to your car only at the end of the tour.
Register for a SLAC public tour » See the tour FAQs »