Submission Guidelines for the SLAC Photowalk contest
After the SLAC Photowalk you’ll have a chance to submit up to 10 images for our photo contest. A panel of SLAC judges will determine a short list of winning photos, which will be uploaded to our website and featured on SLAC and Stanford social media. At least one winner will be featured in SLAC's annual printed lab calendar and all winners featured in the calendar will be mailed three free copies of the calendar.
In addition, SLAC will forward the top three photos, as judged by that same panel, to the global photo competition held by the particle physics website Interactions.org.
Here are the rules for submitting photos:
- To participate in the photo contest, you must fill out and sign a photo release form at the SLAC Photowalk on July 13, 2018.
- You may submit up to 10 images to be judged. All images must have been taken during the SLAC Photowalk on July 13, 2018. You may submit more than 10 images from the event for SLAC to use as needed, but only 10 photos can be designated as official contest entries.
- All images must be submitted by midnight PDT on Sunday, July 29, 2018.
- All images must be submitted online in digital format. No hard copy prints will be accepted for judging.
- Files can be color or grayscale. Final files may be unaltered or altered in photo editing programs as long as all original image material was gathered with a camera the day of the Photowalk event at SLAC. Photographers should retain all original images in case the judges require proof of source material.
- File format must be JPEG, with file size not to exceed 20 MB for each image. File size and resolution must be large enough that SLAC can produce 8x10-inch prints. Specifically, we require at least 2,500 pixels in the long dimension.
- Files must be named in the following way: last name of photographer, underscore, first name, underscore, followed by a two-digit sequence number starting with 01. Examples for photographer John Smith: smith_john_01, smith_john_02, etc.
- Create a Word or text file with your contact information, named in one of the following ways: smith_john_contact.doc or smith_john_contact.txt. Please include your name, address and daytime phone number.
- All submitted files must be placed in a single folder titled with the photographer’s last name followed by an underscore and the first name. Example: smith_john.
- Files can be provided by sending a link in an email or uploading to a shared Google Drive. We will provide an invitation to collaborate after the event on July 19.
Winners of the SLAC photo contest will be notified in late August. The top three photos from SLAC and the other laboratories will be sent to the global Interactions contest. Winners of the global contest will be announced before the end of the year.