SLAC Searches for LCLS and SSRL Associate Laboratory Directors
In March, SLAC Director Chi-Chang Kao announced a worldwide search for new associate laboratory directors (ALDs) for our primary user facilities, the Linac Coherent Light Source (LCLS) and Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Lightsource (SSRL).
Thousands of scientists visit these facilities each year, and the committee would like the help of internal and external stakeholders in identifying the widest possible pool of talent. If you would like to submit a candidate for either position, you are encouraged to complete the criteria table and attach it to your submission.
The committee will consider the following characteristics when evaluating candidates:
- Leadership skills and previous experience in similar role
- Strategic planning capabilities
- Understanding of facility operation needs (accelerator and experiment)
- Ability to lead coherent accelerator and experimental R&D program
- Scientific vision for the facility
- Scientific standing and relationship with science community
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders, congress and staff
- Faculty eligibility and research program
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All staff at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. SLAC is an E-Verify employer.