Our Vision and Mission
SLAC is one of 10 national laboratories under the stewardship of the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science. To learn more about our mission, our science and what it’s like to work for SLAC, download our brochure.
SLAC is a leader in exploring frontier questions of science. Our facilities are used to uncover scientific mysteries – from the workings of subatomic particles, to the structure and function of matter, to the nature of the cosmos – with the potential to improve life for all of us.
- Grow into a premier photon science laboratory
- Maintain our position as the premier accelerator laboratory
- Pursue strategic programs in particle physics, particle astrophysics and cosmology
- One Lab – Taking action based on what is best for the lab and the scientific community, guided by our mission
- Excellence – Performing with distinction, delivering high-value research and operations
- Safety – Maintaining the health and safety of our staff and visitors, and the protection of our environment
- Diversity – Encouraging a respectful and professional work environment that values diversity of every kind as central to our success
- Communication – Fostering an open environment for individual and organizational communication
- Play to Win – Striving to be the best in everything we do, and delivering on our commitments to our collaborators and to our customers